It’s summer and you need something to eat. We have the perfect recipe for you: Blueberry Basil Grilled Cheese! In this blog post we will give you the instructions on how to make one of our favorite sandwiches, but first let’s talk about why this is so great. The blueberries provide a natural sweetness that compliments the basil nicely, while adding a hint of tartness.
Looking for a new grilled cheese sandwich?
The Blueberry Basil Grilled Cheese is the perfect blend of sweet and savory. It’s made with fresh basil, blueberries, and creamy brie cheese on a buttery brioche bun. This sandwich will be your go-to meal for any occasion!
You can enjoy this delicious grilled cheese anytime you want because it’s easy to make at home or take on the go. All you need is some bread, brie cheese, blueberries, and basil leaves. And don’t forget to toast that bread before assembling your sandwich!
The Blueberry Basil Grilled Cheese is just as good cold as it is warm so feel free to pack one in your lunchbox today!
Keep reading the steps below to learn how to make this amazing plate:
Step one: Slice your loaf of bread in half
Step two: Spread a layer of brie (creamy) on one slice and place it buttered side down onto the other slice. You should now have one piece with cheese, butter, and bread on top and another with just bread.
Step three: Add fresh basil leaves to both slices as desired
Step four: Wash blueberries thoroughly before arranging them overtop the cheesy side of the sandwich and press gently into the cheese so they stick together
Step five: Place this first layer inside an oven-safe dish or pan that has been greased lightly using oil or cooking spray at medium heat for about five minutes until golden brown
Step six: Flip the bread with blueberries over onto a plate, then add fresh spinach leaves before topping it off with the other piece of cheese.
Enjoy your delicious Blueberry Basil Grilled Cheese!
* Grilled cheese is best when made with high quality bread. It’s also important to use a really good-quality, full fat (preferably) cheddar cheese and butter. **The bread should be cut in even slices so that it grills evenly without splitting or tearing off too much of the cheese inside.
* The key to getting a perfect grilled sandwich is using just enough heat–you want some charring on the outside while still maintaining gooeyness and flavor on the inside.* Browning your chicken before cooking helps seal in natural juices for juicier meat. *Measure out all ingredients as you cook them, rather than at the beginning; this will help make sure every ingredient gets added properly within each given step.
* Carefully cut the brie cheese, and try to avoid cutting it too thin so that it doesn’t burn in a matter of seconds.* Be sure not to put any kind of spread or sauce on your sandwich before you add the mayonnaise–it will cause it to slide around when you’re cooking. *The key is timing: cook for one minute then flip. Cook for another 60-90 seconds more until golden brown with some charring and repeat as needed!
* Once cooked, place bottom slice of bread onto plate first; this helps prevent soggy bread if assembling at the table instead of eating immediately.* Spread butter on top slice of grilled sandwich and assemble by adding two slices each blueberry preserves, basil leaves, and brie cheese.
* Top one slice of the grilled sandwich with a fried egg for an even more decadent dish! Serves two.
* Buttermilk Fried Bacon-Wrapped Blueberry Basil Grilled Cheese: Wrap bacon around both pieces of bread before adding all ingredients for best results!