Today’s parfait has somewhat unique traits!
First of all, it’s considerably a lighter substitute for your everyday actual pumpkin pie that can be made in 10 minutes. It’s raw and vegan, not to mention it tastes insanely delicious.
This whole thing has just 6 ingredients. And when I say its ready in 10 minutes, I’m not kidding. I crumbled the graham crackers with a fork while the coconut cream whipped. Did you know that Nabisco Original Graham Crackers are on Peta’s list of accidentally vegan foods? I was going to make them from Post Punk Kitchen’s awesome recipe for graham crackers, but sometimes a girl (or a guy!) is just short on time and energy and wants a shortcut. We’ve all been in that spot where someone comes over unexpectedly (or sticks around too long) and now you have to whip up something from nothing? This pumpkin pie parfait solves that problem.
To prepare the pumpkin, cut into quarters and remove the seeds. Place the quarters, including the peel, in a large pot of boiling water. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until pumpkin is very tender, about 30 minutes. Drain well. When the pumpkin has cooled, scoop out the pulp with a spoon. Purée pumpkin in a food processor until creamy. Remove any remaining liquid.
I hope you are all set for Thanksgiving and that life has given you many things to be thankful for this year! Tomorrow I will be posting some of my favorite recipes from my Thanksgiving Pinterest Board. There’s a ton of delicious recipes on there from some really wonderful food bloggers.
Happy Eating and please, Like us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter!
10 Minute Pumpkin Pie Parfait
- 1 can full fat Coconut Milk
- 2 can Pumpkin Puree
- 2 tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 8 -12 crushed Graham Crackers
- Refrigerate coconut milk overnight. Spoon out the top thick layer and place it in a bowl, and add sugar, salt and cinnamon. (Reserve “milk” for another recipe). Using a a hand mixer, beat it on low, and then slowly increasing in speed until it has completely fluffed up.
- Gently fold in pumpkin puree a little at a time until all is blended.
- In a small glass, layer pumpkin and graham crackers. Top with additional cinnamon
- In a bowl, mix starch and spices. Using a whisk, add the eggs. Add pumpkin puree and sweetened condensed milk. Mix until the mixture is homogeneous and pour into the crust.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until filling is slightly trembling in the center. Cool on wire rack.
- In a bowl, whip cream with sugar until stiff peaks form. Using a pastry bag fitted with a fluted tip, decorate the edge of the pie or garnish the tips just before serving.
Preparation of pumpkin puree
- Peel and cut the pumpkin into cubes. Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the pumpkin.
- Cook for 25 minutes until the pieces are tender. Add a little water during cooking if necessary.
- Puree the pumpkin with a fork. Leave to cool for 20 minutes.
- Preparation of the pie
Preheat the oven to 200 °C (th. 6-7). Butter a pie plate. Roll out the dough.
- Add to the pumpkin puree, sugar, eggs, cinnamon, cream and hazelnut powder. Mix well.
- Baking the pie
Pour the machine over the dough. Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Check the consistency of the appliance, which should be compact.