A pumpkin pie parfait is a delicious and easy dessert recipe that you can whip up in minutes. It only takes 10 minutes to make this dish, so it’s perfect for when you are pressed for time but still want something sweet and tasty!
The parfait is unique because it is layered with pumpkin pie filling, so the layers are firm and not too runny. It’s also made from whipped cream instead of heavy cream or condensed milk, which makes it lighter than a typical parfait that has dairy in it.
This delicious dessert works well for any occasion: Thanksgiving dinner, holidays like Halloween or Christmas when you might be looking for something festive to serve your guests (or yourself), or just as an indulgent treat! You can make this dish ahead of time and refrigerate it until ready to eat – no need to let anything sit out at room temperature on your countertop!
The recipe below should yield about 12 servings (~225 calories per serving). I recommend using a wide-mouth jar if possible, but a pie dish will work as well.
10 Minute Pumpkin Pie Parfait
- One 13×18 inch sheet of graham cracker crust (or 12 full sheets)
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature and whipped until fluffy with an electric mixer or food processor
- 18 oz pumpkin puree (~450g) – I usually use Libby’s 100% Pure canned organic pumpkin which is available year round except in December when it retires from the shelves because we’re at Thanksgiving time
- ¾ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp allspice
- ⅛ teaspoon cloves (optional extra spices if you want them!)
The recipe also requires a stovetop for melting the cream cheese and pureeing the pumpkin
– One large mixing bowl to hold all of your ingredients
– A hand mixer or electric whisk for whipping up whipped cream (optional)
Directions: I recommend making this recipe in a wide mouth jar, pie dish, or baking pan. Place graham cracker crust on bottom – flatten out with your hands evenly if necessary. In one medium sized saucepan over low heat; melt together softened cream cheese until it’s combined into a smooth consistency with no lumps. Add pumpkin puree and spices slowly while stirring continuously so that you don’t create any clumps of spice that will be hard to blend smoothly later on! Once mixed well, pour mixture onto the graham cracker crust. Allow to cool and set for about 30 minutes before adding whipped cream, yogurt, or anything else you want!
Tips: – For added flavor, add a dash of vanilla extract (or other extracts) into the pumpkin puree while it’s cooking on low heat. If you have time; feel free to allow this mixture to cook down until it becomes thicker like molasses which will provide an extra sweet taste after cooling in your refrigerator overnight too!
– For a lighter option with less calories but still just as tasty: substitute heavy whipping cream with nonfat plain Greek yogurt OR unsweetened dairy milk when making the Pumpkin Pie Parfait topping. The liquid from these substitutions can also be used instead of the half and half or whole milk.
– This is just one of many recipes you can make using a parfait dish! For example, try substituting your favorite flavor yogurt for the pumpkin pie topping with fresh fruit instead to create any variation from Orange Parfait (strawberry jam) to Apple Pie Parfait (cinnamon & brown sugar).