It’s Friday night and you’re craving some fries. You open up the freezer to find a bag of frozen potatoes, but your stomach starts growling at the thought of french fries being deep-fried in oil. What do you do? Make baked avocado fries! These crispy, delicious twists on traditional french fries will satisfy any fry cravings without sending your cholesterol levels through the roof.
Avocado fries are amazing for a number of reasons. First, they’re healthy, which means they’re a guilt-free treat that you can enjoy any time of the day. Second, they’re delicious! They have an incredible flavor that’s like a mix between guacamole and french fries, which is why we call them Avocado Fries…
The recipe couldn’t be simpler: all you need is avocados (because who doesn’t love avocados?) and some seasoning to make your Baked Avocado Fries taste amazing.
You can serve these fries up as a snack, or pair them with your favorite sandwich for lunch. Sharing them with friends is a great way to get your recommended daily intake of fruit and veggies.
Easy Baked Avocado Fries
Avocado Fries are so popular you can find them in just about every restaurant and restaurants now offers an avocado fries dish. Avocados have become one of the favorite ingredients for chefs to use because they give that extra creaminess to meals, without adding too many calories or fat. There’s no need to deep-fry these delicious green beauties—baking them is a healthy alternative that will save on oil! You can even make up a big batch ahead of time and freeze until needed.
The baked avocado fries will have a soft and creamy texture on the inside while maintaining their shape as well as having a golden brown outside crust when done cooking. The best part about these easy oven-baked Avocado Fries is that they take less than 20 minutes from start to finish! Once you know how simple this recipe is, give them out at parties or consider adding them into your weekly meal rotation.
- 2 firm, but ripe Avocados
- 2/3 cup Italian-style breadcrumbs
- the juice of half a lemon
- a small handful fresh parsley, chopped finely
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Cut avocado in half and remove seed, then cut into desired length fries.
- Panko breadcrumbs or almond flour are the best choice for coating avocado fries because they create a crispy outer layer. If you’re using panko breadcrumbs, make sure to dip each fry in the egg wash before frying it so that all sides can be coated with an even amount of egg mixture.
- Dip each fry into the egg wash mixture for a few seconds to fully coat it before dipping them in panko breadcrumbs or almond flour (optional). Lay coated pieces onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for 15 minutes until golden brown on the outside but still soft on the inside.
- It’s important that you slice the avocados into even, thin pieces so they cook evenly throughout. A mandoline slicer is a great option for this job because it can produce clean and uniform cuts with minimal effort on your end. Be sure not to over-slice the pieces of avocado or they will be too small when baked, which won’t create enough surface area for breading and frying! Lay out all slices onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet before baking them at 400 degrees Fahrenheit until crispy golden brown outside and soft inside (about 15 minutes).