Bacon and Jalapeños are two of America’s favorite toppings for appetizers. Put them together, and you have a dish that people just can’t seem to get enough of! In this blog post, I’ll show you how to make the perfect Baked Bacon Jalapeño Poppers in your oven or on your grill. You’re going to love these poppers because they are spicy, crispy, creamy…and delicious!
Looking for a new appetizer to serve at your next party?
These Baked Bacon Jalapeño Poppers are the perfect way to spice up any gathering. They’re made with cream cheese, bacon and jalapeno peppers, so they’ll be sure to satisfy even the most demanding guests. And best of all, these poppers can be baked ahead of time and then popped in the oven just before serving!
You won’t have to worry about running out of food or spending hours cooking when you make these delicious Baked Bacon Jalapeño Poppers. Just pop them in the oven right before your guests arrive and you’ll have an easy-to-serve dish that will impress everyone at your party. Plus, this recipe is super simple – it only has five ingredients!
It’s always best to double or triple the recipe, and then just freeze any extras. You can also make your own jalapeno poppers in advance by wrapping them tightly in plastic wrap and storing them in a freezer-safe container – they’ll last up to three months this way!
The recipe for these Baked Bacon Jalapeño Poppers is below:
– 16 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
– 12 slices bacon, cooked until crispy (reserve some of the grease)
– 24 large fresh jalapeños
– salt and pepper, as desired (optional: cheddar cheese)Instructions: Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Slice the jalapeños in half lengthwise, leaving the stem intact. Use a spoon to scoop out all seeds and membranes from each pepper; discard them or set aside for later use. Place cream cheese on one side of each jalapeno half (or cut into slices). Wrap bacon around it tightly and place onto a baking-safe tray that has been lined with aluminum foil. Bake for 20 minutes covered with foil and another five without until golden brown. Serve immediately!
## What goes with meal?
– The perfect side dish is a hot, buttered bowl of Broccoli Cheese Soup. It’s so creamy and thick that the chunks of broccoli are practically floating in it like an edible soup cloud. Add some fresh cracked black pepper for extra flavor!
– Buttered corn on the cob is a classic side dish that pairs well with grilled meats, including Baked Bacon Jalapeño Poppers. It’s so rich and buttery you might want to skip dinner because it could easily be your entire meal!
– Roasted sweet potatoes are fantastic with just about any meat, but they’re even better when paired with Baked Bacon Jalapeño Poppers. Bake them together in the oven for a perfect match!
– Want to add some color to your plate? Brighten up every meal by topping it off with fresh steamed green beans and grape tomatoes. The bright colors will make you feel good while also adding nutrients like Vitamin A and C!
– Baked Bacon Jalapeño Poppers pair beautifully with a big, crisp salad. Romaine lettuce is always the best for salads because it’s crunchy and satisfying! For extra boosts of flavor we recommend adding in some avocado chunks, carrots, cucumbers and grape tomatoes to your chopped romaine lettuce leaves.
– Add an amazing cheesy topping by sprinkling shredded cheddar cheese on top of your Baked Bacon Jalapeño Popper before popping them into the oven. It will melt over all those delicious flavors just perfectly!
How to serve these poppers?
Since these poppers are small, they’re perfect for a quick snack. They can be served as part of an appetizer platter or at a party with other snacks and finger foods. You could also eat them for breakfast! These tasty little treats go well in between two slices of bread to make the ultimate bacon sandwich.
TIP: When slicing the jalapeño, make sure you cut them as thinly as possible. It’s best to use gloves if your hands are sensitive to capsaicin (the hot part of peppers). If you don’t have gloves, be careful not to rub your eyes after handling spicy peppers! We recommend wearing a long sleeve shirt and avoid touching any other items on the cutting board or stove-top in between prepping these poppers.
Brew some coffee before getting started so that it can finish brewing while they’re baking in the oven. This will give you time for prepping without having the smell lingering around all day. You’ll also want plenty of water close by when removing each jalapeño from the oven because they can be very hot to handle!
If you’re using a bigger pepper, add some of your favorite cheese on top in between slices. We recommend sharp cheddar or monterey jack for this recipe but any type will work great.
Statistically speaking, people love bacon and jalapenos so it’s only natural that these poppers should turn out smashingly good with our tips below!