This blog post is about how to make the most amazing sandwich you will ever eat! This sandwich consists of a bunch of different ingredients that all combine extremely well together. It’s called Bacon, Banana, Chocolate, Cashew Butter & Marshmallow Sandwich because it has bacon (duh), banana, chocolate and cashew butter on whole wheat bread with marshmallows. There are many steps involved in making this mouth-watering creation so keep reading if you want the recipe!
But first let me tell you why these ingredients all go well together. The banana and chocolate are sweet, but the bacon offsets that sweetness with saltiness to make it perfect for a sandwich. I recommend using whole wheat bread because it has more fiber than white bread (which is what most people choose). Cashew butter goes great on toast or in iced coffee as an alternative to peanut butter so it’s used in this recipe instead of regular nutella which can be processed into many different products such as candy bars, ice cream sandwiches, etcetera. Marshmallows have been around forever and they add just enough sugar without being too overbearing – like sprinkles!
Another benefit for mixing bacon, banana and chocolate is that it tastes like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Imagine a taste that tastes like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, but with bacon as the bread. It’s amazing!
Let’s start with the ingredients:
- 2/3 cup shredded unsweetened Coconut
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- A dash of salt
- For the filling:
- Peanut Butter – (homemade or store-bought)
- Mounds bars – (homemade or store-bought)
- Banana Peppers, cut into bite sized pieces
- Chocolate Chips – about 18 to 24 chips depending on size and how deep you want your layers. I used dark chocolate for a bolder flavor. Milk chocolate would also work well but add more because it melts differently than dark chocolate. For this sandwich, we will use 12 ounces of Chocolate Chips which is about 240 grams. The higher quality chips you use typically the better they taste in recipes like these since they melt smoother so try to find ones that say “melts in your mouth” on the package.
- Cashew Butter – about ½ cup or more depending how thick you want it & taste preferences (homemade is better but store-bought will work just fine)
- Marshmallow Fluff – a few tablespoons of this fluffy edible frosting to layer at the top for some added sweetness and texture.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix together room temperature butter, brown sugar and cocoa powder until smooth for the chocolate layer on one side of bread.
- Add dark or milk chocolate chips to melted butter mixture now and stir well after melting in microwave oven at 50% power for about 45 seconds (microwaves vary so adjust as needed).
- Layer two slices of whole-grain sandwich bread with a thick coating of cashew butter and marshmallow fluff on top half then cover with another slice of buttered toast made from 100% wheat bread. Place assembled sandwich into skillet over medium heat that has been greased lightly with coconut oil until crisp around edges & golden brown – no flipping required! Cut diagonally while hot into triangles to serve!