Now that we are hardcore into fall, I think most of us have had to except that it’s time to get out the heavy blankets, switch into our fall and winter wardrobes, and update our makeup routine. I decided to share with you a few of my new fall favorites – things I’ve been using and loving, and think you might love too! Some of these I’ve switched into as part of the seasons changing, and some of this is prep for my wedding. But all of these products really are great, and I use them all almost every day! Let’s talk about them clockwise.
1. Loreal’s Revitalift Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream: The area I’m most worried about as I age is my eyes. I’m fine with laugh lines and lines across my forehead – even crow’s feet don’t bother me. But that area under the eye that looks tired and wrinkly? No thanks. I use this almost every night (ok, yes, sometimes I’m tired and I forget and I go to bed without it) and when I do, my eyes always end up looking more refreshed. I know that the winter air is going to be even harsher on my skin (especially when I ski) so this is top of my list of fall must-haves.
2. Hane’s Bandini: Pretty much the most comfortable bra you will ever put on. I’ll admit it – my cute outfits of summer are gone, and now i’m all about comfort, coziness, and warmth. I have always had… how do you say this politely – a large bosom – and bras hurt after a while. Not this. In fact I’m wearing it right now! It’s supportive but comfortable and comes in a range of nudes and cute colors. And it’s affordable at $10. Yes, please and thank you!
3. Marc Jacobs Lust for Lacquer Lip Vinyl in No Regrets: This is one of two red lipsticks I have ever worn, and loved. The color is gorgeous, it feels luxurious, and was totally worth the splurge. I’ll be honest – I don’t wear a ton of makeup – I’m more into the natural look. But the one area I do like to vamp up a bit are my lips. In the summer I stink to nudes, pale pinks and corals – but in the fall and winter out comes the deep red – and it feels good!
4. Burt’s Bees Lip Crayon in Hawaiian Smolder: I mentioned this lip crayon to you last week in my Brides video – and I seriously love it, and not just for my wedding day. Like I said, most days I wear a more natural look, and I love the pop of pink this gives my lips even in winter, while still looking natural. It’s super creamy and bonus? This stuff stays on. Joe and I went out to dinner last night with his parents to check out where we are having our rehearsal dinner. After the meal I went to the bathroom – and there was still some on my lips, even after slurping down pasta. Color me impressed!
5. Laura Mercier Tinter Moisturizer with SPF 20: I first got this as a sample at Sephora and fell in love. The Nude color is perfect on my skin now as my summer tan begins to fade. I wear it as a light BB cream and it’s light but totally still blends any color imperfections in my skin (and there are a few). I really only end up dabbing the tiniest bit of concealer on the edges of my nose and tip of my chin after I put this on, and my skin ends up looking flawless. Plus, I love that it has SPF 20. I’m not that great about protecting my skin in the summer (I like a tan, I’m awful, I know), but this at least protects me on a daily basis and in the spring when I’m skiing without a face mask it will prevent me from getting a weird goggle tan!
6. Kiehls Rare Earth Deep Pore Daily Cleanser: Once you have had bad skin in your life, you are basically worried about it forever. I’ve been complimented so many times on how perfect my skin is, and it’s been over a year since I had a pimple. But I had horrible acne as a teenager, and so I’m fairly vigilant with my skin. I’m also very vain about it. I’ve got very large pores on my cheeks and nose, and the thing that I love about this cleanser is that I get a deep clean without it feeling abrasive and it minimizes my pores. I’ve been using it every day and I love how my skin looks. The only thing I occasionally incorporate into my routine is a light exfoliating treatment with my chamomile face scrub.
I hope you love some of these products as much as I do!