The peach extravaganza continues! I know, I’ve been on such a peach kick this summer. But how can I not be?! They are so fresh and juicy and delicious. Ugh. So good. I’m definitely going to break down and make a real peach pie before the end of summer, but for now, I wanted something quicker and lighter – aka, peaches and cream!
Now, you know I’ve been a little obsessed with this pie for a while now…. Pretty much because I absolutely love it. But the best part for me is this crust! I know, I know curry seems odd (and it may not be for everyone) but I love how the coconut cream, the sweet peaches and the curry all play together. It brings together sweet and savory – and did I mention I love it? Now, while I go get myself another slice (no, really, I am) let’s talk more pie!I initially wanted this to be an easy, no bake pie, but the crust is so much better when you pop it in the oven for a few minutes – and when you add the peaches on top and roast them a little first? Yowsers. Tip: Definitely make sure you let the crust cool first before you add the coconut whip. Why? Well heat and any whipped cream – coconut or dairy – ends with some very mushy whipped cream.
One thing I like to do is reserve a bit of the crust crumbs before baking to sprinkle on top after the pie is done. I just think it looks pretty – and this is definitely a pretty pie. (Though maybe I’m biased because I love peaches??).
If I was having company over for labor day I would definitely serve this. Sadly, that’s kind of hard to do in tiny Brooklyn apartments, so instead we will be
celebrating mourning the end of summer at the beachHow are you spending your labor day? A party with family? Beach or lake? Working? Eating pie??????
I’ll be sharing my end of summer fun on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest! Follow along to see what I’m up to, what I’m cooking and what I’m eating! (And share with me what you are making and doing too!)
- 9 Graham Crackers
- 1 teaspoon Curry
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons Coconut Oil
- 2 Peaches
- 2 cans Coconut Milk, chilled
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a food processor mix graham crackers, curry and cinnamon. Reserve one teaspoon for sprinkling.
- Mix in coconut oil and spread out evenly at the base of a greased tart pan. Slice 1/2 peaches and spread around base of crust in a circular pattern. Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Whip coconut cream (discarding liquid) with powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Place on top of cooled crust and chill in fridge for an hour.
- Slice remaining 1/2 peach, and arrange slices in a circular pattern. Sprinkle curst crumbs on top.