Yup. This just happened. I don’t know how I didn’t think of this sooner. It is awesome, and easy, and it has sriracha, avocado and ranch in a grilled cheese sandwich!! How is this not a thing? Now, normally I’m against processed foods, and try to make things myself from scratch. But I’m human. And sometimes a girl needs a quick grilled cheese. And sometimes that grilled cheese needs to not be complicated. And that is this.
Now I like me an indulgent sandwich every now and then – we know that. While this may not be for the every day, I sure do enjoy the times I get to have it! And tonight, when Joe came home after a football game, he scarfed this grilled cheese right down. I mean, I blinked and half the sandwich was gone. That never happens with me, even when I love something. I am a very, very slow eater. But since we were both pretty big fans, I have a feeling this will make the weekend late night rotation around here. And I don’t think anyone will have any complaints about that.
And the ranch dressing is soooo easy to make. I, of course, made it harder than I had to by making my own mayo following this recipe from the Polish blog Food Porn Vegan Style (they have english translations). But if you use veganaise, or some other vegan mayo substitute, you’ll be done in 20 minutes. And a grilled cheese sandwich shouldn’t take any longer than that!!
How do you like your grilled cheeses? When do you eat them!? Let me know in the comments!
- 4 slices Bread
- 8 slices Vegan Cheddar Cheese, such as Daiya
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 Avocado
- 1 knob Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Vegan Mayonaise
- 1/4 cup Almond Milk
- 1 table spoon Lemon Juice
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dry Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon chives
- 1 teaspoon Dill
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- In a measuring cup add lemon juice and almond milk and let sit.
- Heat griddle with coconut oil on medium heat. Assemble 2 sandwiches, each with 4 slices cheese, 1 tablespoon sriracha and half an avocado.
- Once griddle is hot place sandwiches on griddle and let cook.
- When sandwiches have turned golden flip.
- Meanwhile, mix almond milk and lemon vigorously. In a medium bowl, add almond milk and lemon juice, mayonnaise, salt, mustard, onion powder, garlic powder, chives, dill and pepper. Whisk until mixed and pour into a serving bowl.
- Once sandwiches are golden on both sides, remove from heat and serve with dipping sauce.