So maybe you’re wondering – Hey! Where have you been? Why haven’t you been posting? Well, that toothache I mentioned in the last post? Well it god bad. Real bad. I finally have a dentist’s appointment today. Did I mention I’m terrified of the dentist? But honestly, I can’t handle the pain, and with the holiday weekend I couldn’t get an appointment until today. Yikes!
But, I made this salad for me and my friends while I was still in Vermont, and in my opinion it was super yummy! I’m definitely going to make it again so I can actually enjoy chewing it this time! Woohoo!
One of the girls in the group doesn’t like mayonnaise, so she was very hesitant to try this – until I explained, there is NO mayo in this! No dairy, no anything! But when she did try it, she really liked it. In fact, none of the girls on the trip are vegan, and everyone ate these sandwiches pretty happily!
As you can see, the heat hadn’t quite kicked on yet and it was very, very chilly! Annnd I made everyone wait before we could eat (and um, we were super hungry!) so that I could take pictures of the sandwiches. (Which didn’t come out so great. Boo.) Anyway I hope you try this recipe, it’s amazing!
In the mean time, I’m going to find out if I need a root canal (ahhhh!) and hopefully some pain meds so that I can get back to cooking and posting! So I wish you all happy eating, and please, Like us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter!
- I can Chickpeas
- 1 cup Cashews
- 2 tablespoons Almond Milk
- 1 tablespoon Curry Powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
- 4 stalks Celery
- 1-2 Mangos
- 1/2 cup Raisons
- 3-4 tablespoons raw unsweetened Coconut (if desired)
- 4-5 Pita
- Soak the cashews in hot water for 20 minutes, or room temperature over night. In a food processor or blender, mix cashews, almond milk, curry powder, salt and nutritional yeast until smooth.
- Lightly chop chickpeas, mango and celery and place in a bowl. Add cashew curry mayo and toss to coat.
- Top with raisons and coconut and stuff in pitas.