What, just because a girl likes vegan food, you think she doesn’t enjoy a good cocktail every now and then? Wrong. While I do mostly stick to wine (hello antioxidants!) sometimes a cocktail or two (or three) are in order.
Recently, I went to a restaurant that had tequila tasting, and after a few sips I realized: tequila is not for me. I couldn’t handle it in college, and I still can’t handle it now. Or at least that’s what I thought until I came up with this cocktail creation. Why did I do that? Well, inspired by the tequila tasting, the boyfriend came home with a big ‘ole bottle of it. New ingredient to work with demands a new recipe. You can barely tell there is kick-in-your-pants tequila in there, and it brings out an amazing depth of flavor in the fruit. This is not a cocktail for tequila purists, but if you want something pretty and tasty to sip on at your next party, this is for you!
Now you can make these one of two ways. The first (and the way I did it) involves simmering the pomegranates until soft to make the juice, and then mixing that with pineapple juice and tequila for an awesome custom cocktail.
The other way is to just buy pomegranate juice and use that as a mixed. But c’mon, what fun is that!? Plus – it has a lot more sugar and additives mixed it, and no one wants those in their body. I mean, besides the tequila of course!
- 1 Pomegranate
- 1 1/2 cups Pineapple Juice
- 6 shots Tequilla
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups Water
- Deseed Pomegranate and put them in in small suate pan with enough water to just cover these seeds. Saute them until all water is absorbed.
- Using an immersion blender or a regular blender, puree until completely smooth.
- Using a fine sieve strain out tough pieces of pomegranate seeds. Add water to fruit juice to desired consistency.
- Mix 3 parts pomegranate juice to 3 parts pineapple juice and add 1 shot of tequila (or however much you like!)
- Serves about 6.